- New and improved Most Wanted List~~4/16/13
- The Day County Sheriff's Office welcomes new dispatcher Courtney Tedder!
- On June 13 and 14, 2012, dispatchers--Megan Houser, Mandy Bartelt and Jody McGrath--completed the NCIC, NLETS, and SDLETS 911 Training Course in Pierre. All three passed with 100%! Good job ladies!!
- Check out our facebook page...
Office of Emergency Management
Wes Williams, Director
About Day County Emergency Management
The Day County Office of Emergency Management is an organization formed under the South Dakota State Emergency Plan and Program (SDCL 33-15-26 and 33-15-27). It is a local agency tasked with disaster preparedness, disaster response, disaster recovery, and disater mitigation. All counties in South Dakota must have a director appointed to these tasks. The Day County Office of Emergency Management also directs the Day County CERT team. CERT stands for Community Emergency Response Team and is composed of trained volunteers. CERT members are called into action and provide numerous services for the OEM. Some of the services Day County CERT menmbers have helped with in the past are missing persons, storm response and recovery, community clean-up, traffic control during vehicular accidents, sandbaggging for flooding prevention, and communicating on many levels with the public and media.
- Both specific and flexible training
- Development of plans and procedures
- Installment and training on warning and communication systems
- Informing the public of these services
- Warning the public by initiating sirens and media communications
- Setting up command posts close to but protected from the disaster
- Activation of emergency plans, procedures and evacuations
- Search and rescue